Weekend o' failure

Well, I wasn't nearly productive as I thought I would be this weekend! Poured my first resin radish pendant - the color looks great, but it has a very dull appearance on the side where the mould was.  I'm not sure if I like that or not... makes it look sort of like candy, which could be a good thing, actually. I also had to do a lot of carving and sanding to get the back looking good - I've modified the mould so that won't happen again.  Live and learn!

Most of my weekend was purchasing/getting the boxes in the house/building what I have dubbed the 'IKEA spaceship' i.e., it seriously was the most complicated thing I have ever built from IKEA ever in my life.  I'm a usually a very technical person, and I'm good at figuring things, out, but this thing was seriously a monstrosity. 


Damn you, IKEA! Foiled again.

0 Responses