Weekend o' success!

Alright, this weekend was a weekend of success! I've started making a new prototype, which is of a cat. It's pretty cute! I'm actually pretty excited about it. It's similar in shape to Rillakuma, which is sort of what I was going for. I drafted the pattern on Sunday morning. I'm still using fleece, at least for now, but I'll be making hand dyed fabric (cotton velvet) in the future for the production model. I also think I'll be making the body differently; for example, I'll be integrating the legs into the body rather than using the same pattern for the arms and legs.
Next weekend I'm hoping to make the little radish hood to go with my cat pattern. I did do a drawing of what I would like it to look like, however, the pattern I came up with actually looks a bit better than my drawing. Well, anyway, it would appear that I'm rambling. Here's some pictures of the work in progress. I should have photos of the completed model at least by tomorrow.



Headless plushies are so disturbing. Never mind the bad cell phone images, I was too lazy to go downstairs and get my camera, haha. D:

Also, why YES, that IS an AKAI MPC 60II in the background, thank you!

0 Responses